Sunday, September 20, 2015

Attempt at Baked Beans

This morning I decided to make baked beans for our church picnic.  After perusing the internet and looking at several recipes, I came up with my own.  It turned out well and my family and friends seemed to like it!

Baked Beans
8 oz. chopped ham or bacon, cooked
        I had put a ham in the crock pot yesterday for our dinner and used some of this.
3/4-1 medium onion, diced
3 large cans baked beans (I used a brown sugar/bacon flavor baked beans from Aldi)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Trader Joe's BBQ sauce)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard/deli mustard
1 Tbsp ketchup

1.  Saute onion in 1 Tbsp of canola oil.
2.  Place baked beans in crock pot.
3.  Add sauteed onion and all other ingredients.  Stir well.
4.  Cook in 4 qt crock pot on high for 6 hours.

Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment