Saturday, October 3, 2015

Celery

That's all this post is about.  Celery.

We went away on vacation a few weeks ago and my mom stayed in our home and took care of our dog.  I asked her to eat the food in the fridge that we'd left so that it wouldn't go bad!  And she did--just as I'd hoped she would.

But, the celery was left.

I headed to the store the next day and of course picked up some celery expecting it to have gone bad. But, the next morning when I pulled out the celery--it was just fine.

My mom had taken a twist tie and twisted the end of the celery bag shut.  It worked and extended the life of my celery!  I had never thought of doing this, but I am very glad to learn this new trick.

The trick I've always known helps when celery goes limp.  Cut the celery into pieces and place in a tupperware.  Once all of the pieces are in the container, fill it with cold water, place the lid on top, and put it in the fridge.  Within a few hours, the celery won't be limp anymore.  It will stay good for at least another week this way.

So, that's all I know.  At least about celery.


No comments:

Post a Comment