Saturday, July 16, 2016

Summer Desserts

I did not want to turn on the oven tonight!  But, I really wanted to make a dessert for my family.  So, I thought about my options.

1.  Ice cream.

But, we'd already had pizza--that would be a lot of dairy ;)

2.  Rice Krispie Treats.

No Rice Krispies in the house--but definitely one for me to remember in the future.  I'm going to pick up some Rice Krispies this week for the next time I need a quick, cool dessert!

3.  Chocolate Milk Shake

Dairy, again, and that's what we had last night for dessert.

4.  The winner--chocolate dipped pretzels

I have milk chocolate and white chocolate wafers in the pantry that I keep on hand for special treats.  I melted just a few, pulled out small twist pretzels that had already been opened, and put a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet.  I let the girls go to town dipping pretzels and using every last bit of chocolate.  After only 10-15 minutes, the chocolate was hard and we dessert!

Other ideas I had for a cool, non-baked dessert...

Chocolate covered Peanut Butter Balls (aka Bulls Eyes)
Pudding (instant, not cooked over a stove)
Tapioca--a little cooking on the stove, but cool to eat once it's been chilled
Juice Popsicles

No comments:

Post a Comment