Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Saving on a Tablet Case

For my birthday, my husband gave me an ipad mini.  I tried to go cheap at first--buying a $13 case for it.  But, it was cracked within two months.  I rarely took it out of our house never dropped it and slid it into a protective bag when it did!  Yet it still cracked at some point while my oldest daughter (who is a super careful girl) had it in her possession.  So, I needed a new case.

I was determined to get a more protective case when I headed to Target.  One of the tough things about shopping online for items is that you can't feel and really see how strong the material is that something is made out of.  At Target, I could see up close what I was buying.  I settled on a great Targus case that I've loved. Target will price match Amazon if an item is sold directly from Amazon, so that is helpful, too.  The new case I bought has been wonderful and very protective.  I don't worry anymore.

This past week was my oldest daughter's birthday and we decided to get her a tablet.  We looked around and decided on an Air Pad 2, 32 gb.  We've had better luck with Macs over PCs the past ten years.  Less viruses, more reliable, longer lifespans.  The same Samsung tablet with 32 gb memory cost only $20 less than the Air Pad 2 when I found it on sale.  We thought about the ipad mini, but it has a smaller screen.  She uses it for one of her high school textbooks.  The touchscreen on my ipad mini worked better than the laptops (which didn't have a touch screen) other students used worked with the text.

But, getting a tablet doesn't just involve the tablet.  We needed to get a screen protector, keyboard, and case.  What should we get?  Everything at Best Buy seemed so expensive and non-fun for a teenage girl!  So, I headed home and got on Amazon's site.

I knew that cases with a keyboard attached would cost about $150.  My husband wanted her to have a keyboard though.  So, I opted for a Speck case for $25, a screen protector for $8 and an Anker keyboard for $14.  It was the right combination for her needs.  Because the keyboard isn't attached she can turn the tablet vertically when she wants to and still use the keyboard or choose to use it horizontally.  We saved a lot of money going this route and she has a fun colored case (purple)!


No comments:

Post a Comment