Sunday, July 8, 2018

Making Chips Stretch

We had some friends over for lunch today after church and as I was getting the food ready to accompany the bratwurst we had on the menu, I realized I had only one bag of chips and it wasn't a big bag.  But, I also had some pretzels, so I thought I would spruce them up to make them a bit more appealing and they were a hit!

Here's the recipe I made...

Sweet + Salty Pretzels

5 cups pretzels (I used thin stick pretzels)

Put in mixing bowl.

3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1-2 tsp. hot sauce (I used Tapatio--mild but tangy), adjust to taste

Mix butter and hot sauce and toss pretzels with butter mixture.

5 tsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Mix together and then sprinkle over pretzels.  Taste to see if they are sweet/salty/cinnamony enough for your taste.

Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.

The original recipe can be found Here on Amanda's Cookin' site.  I decreased the amounts of different ingredients and didn't use coconut oil.   But, these were well loved by my family and my son has already asked that I make another batch tomorrow!  Our guests loved them too and they helped the chips stretch to be enough which was exactly what I had hoped for!

No comments:

Post a Comment