Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Homeschooling Supplies

A friend came over to visit yesterday who just started homeschooling. She looked at the kids play/homeschooling room and commented about how much stuff I have accumulated. I am a planner. I like to plan ahead and have what I need. I shop at book sales, garage sales, Ollie's (like Pic 'n Save), and the clearance racks at Target when I get the chance. I am looking at the big wooden box of construction paper that I bought from a garage sale for $1 with the big roll of clear contact paper in it and a bag of foam pieces that my garage saling buddy found for me.

But, honestly, I don't see it as me finding all of these things. I see it as God helping me find these things and as blessings from Him. I am thankful for the blessings He has given some friends I know who don't have to shop the sales and can simply go buy what they need. I am thankful too for the friends that I have the chance to pass things on to and who are given a lot of things by family and friends. And I am thankful for friends who are in the same boat I am--scouting out the sales and finding ways to make our finances stretch. In the end, it all comes down to the same thing, I think, loving our families and doing our very best to take care of them--with God's help and His provision! That provision just looks a little different for each of us, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment