Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Trees

Yesterday, I bought the least expensive fake tree they had at Lowe's for $22.95. I know it may sound different to do that, but I decided that I wanted to get a tree just for the kids. My oldest daughter is 6 and each year I have watched as my husband (and me too) have been anxious about the tree falling on the kids--about the kids pulling ornaments off the tree--about the kids touching everything. But, I really want them to enjoy the tree. So, I asked my husband if this was okay--to go get a tree just for the kids and he said it was fine.

I'm so glad I did! I put it up and put the lights on it. Then we (the kids and I) put the kids decorations they've made on it. My husband came home and was impressed. He said, Wow! Maybe we should just get one like that for upstairs (instead of spending a lot more for a bigger one upstairs). I thought that was a compliment.

But, my new thought is, maybe this should just be our one tree for the year. It would make things so much simpler! I wouldn't have to stress about keeping an eye on them around the tree and there isn't anything on the tree that can't be handled by my 1 1/2 year old =)

No comments:

Post a Comment