Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pancake Molds

If you're ever tempted to buy those appealing looking pancake shape molds, don't.  I'd recommend spending the money on some good cookie cutters instead.


I have several of these from one of my sweet aunts.  I've sprayed them with cooking spray and put them with my cast iron pan with pancake batter poured into them several times.  No luck.  What I've discovered though, which appeases my children, is using those same forms as "pancake" cutters once the round pancakes are cooked.  The kids still get a duck, bunny, snowman, or Santa and they're pleased.  


But, if you don't have such molds, don't buy them.  Just use the cookie cutters you already have at home for making sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies.  Save the pancakes you cut the shapes out of.  I cut them off to the side and then distribute them among their plates.


I think this is one of those make lemonade out of lemons kind of things!  I think the saying goes, "When life gives you lemons, make some lemonade!"  That's how I feel about many things.  If it doesn't quite work, then figure out something else to do with it or another way to make it work.  Pancake molds are just one of those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment