Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dishwasher wheels... falling off track

We loved the house that we rented for a week for our vaction in Maine last week.  The kitchen was far better equipped than we expected!  Working in that kitchen for a week showed me a lot about what I needed in a kitchen and what I didn't!  

One of the things that came up was the dishwasher, a GE Profile black dishwasher.  I noticed the first day that the bottom rack kept coming off track.  So, I looked closer at it.  I noticed that 2 of the wheels were missing.  Another one broke when I tried to move it to a more stable spot.  The rack was also much more flimsy than ours at home.  We stopped using the dishwasher altogether 2 days before we left because I was afraid of more wheels coming off.

When I came home, I took a look at my dishwasher.  I discovered that 1 of the wheels was missing!  Our lower rack does periodically come off track as I pull it out.  So, I went online and found a replacement wheel on Amazon for $5.  I checked the part number to the Bosch website before I ordered it to make sure I was ordering the right part.  

The wheel arrived yesterday and it fit!  I am excited to have a tray that will be less likely to come off track!  I had a friend over yesterday and mentioned this to her.  She said this was the same problem they had with the dishwasher at the last house they rented.  So, if your lower rack of your dishwasher is coming off track--maybe yours is missing a wheel, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment