Monday, December 17, 2012

No-Cook Fudge

This weekend I made fudge for the first time.  Fudge has always been my favorite when it comes to Christmas treats.  But, I've never made it.  I've been intimidated by the soft boil/candy making.  So, this year I tried two different recipes.  The first was called Easy Fudge.  It involved stirring on the stove for a full 5 minutes at a full boil...  The second recipe was titled "No-Cook Fudge".  I really expected the one that required a lot of work to be the recipe I preferred.  But... I was wrong!

My family all agreed that the no-cook fudge was really, really good!  It was just what I love about fudge.  Creamy, rich, and chocolatey.  So, here's the recipe I used.  I found the same recipe I used on Cooks.com


NO COOK FUDGE  

1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. water
4 1/2 c. powdered sugar (sift!) 
1/2 c. nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
dash of Salt

Stir butter into boiling water. Stir until melted. If it doesn't completely melt, put in the microwave for 15 seconds.  Beat in powdered sugar, dry milk, cocoa powder and dash salt. I mixed it well in my stand mixer.  Pour into buttered (or pan sprayed with cooking spray) 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking pan. I prefer pyrex for it.  Refrigerate several hours. Cut into squares. Makes 3 dozen 1 inch pieces.

One thing that I especially loved was that my son (4 1/2 yo) was able to help me by sifting the sugar.  

I am so glad to have finally found an easy fudge recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment