Friday, May 3, 2013

The Confession of an Organized, Distracted Person: Me

A long time ago, I wrote a post about living with distractions while homeschooling.  Distractions are just a fact of life.  I think I would describe myself as an organized person.  I like to organize.  For me, it's easier to get things picked up if there's a place for things.  Another thing about me is that I usually am tackling five things at once--strangely enough because I want to.  There are so many things I need to do and that I want to do.  So, I try to compensate for all the moments when I forget things.  

One of my systems that I have found works for my family is that Friday morning before we do our school work, we clean our house.  I made simple lists for each of my kids with their jobs.  The lists have worked really well.  They're wrinkled and worn, but they get looked at every Friday morning.

This morning I decided to make another list to help my kids and me.  I made the chore lists so that I wouldn't sound like a broken record and so they could learn to be independent.  This morning I made a list for another job my kids have--setting the dinner table.  My girls have the job of setting the table at night, but they often forget things--even silverware!

I made a pdf file of my list to share that I've posted Here.  

I'm hopeful that will help our family dinner preparations go a little smoother and that we won't be missing as many things from the table in days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment