Monday, June 17, 2013

Chipotle Style Carnitas Tacos

My husband loves the Carnitas Tacos at Chipotle.  So, that was his request for Father's Day.  Good pulled pork tacos.  I've posted a recipe before that I love for BBQ Pulled Pork.  But, my husband wanted a pulled pork that would work better with tacos.  So, I went searching....

I found this recipe on Chow Hound  HERE

I got up early Sunday morning to get the pork ready only to discover that my roast hadn't fully defrosted!  Ugh!!  At 6 am, I ran out to the grocery store to get a new one.  I had learned you can't substitute a pork tenderloin or pork chops from the butcher at the grocery store.  So, I made sure to get the right cut of pork.  I returned within a half hour and set to work getting it ready.  It was quite an easy recipe.    I placed the onions and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot.  Then, made the rub and rubbed it all over the pork butt roast.  This was the first time I have fixed a pork butt roast.    I did not add the BBQ sauce at the end.  

I had no idea how much it would make, so I did fix two 3 1/2 pound roasts.   One would have been enough for my family.  I put them in my large crock pot on high for seven hours and it was done.  I did multiply the ingredients in the recipe 1 1/2 times since I was cooking more pork than the recipe calls for.  My husband said it was the best pulled pork I've made.  He much preferred it to the other recipe that I made before.  

I served it with salsa (Santa Barbara's Peach Mango Salsa from Costco or ShopRite), guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded jack cheese, sliced olives, minced red onion, crispy and flour tortillas,  and refried beans.  

My husband was very happy with his Father's Day Meal!     

No comments:

Post a Comment