Saturday, August 3, 2013

Yay! A Tape Dispenser!

My mom, the girls, and I headed to a baby shower this morning with weird weather afoot.  It was that kind of day that threatens rain, but may just end up staying overcast the whole day through.  Anyways, my kids and I were heading back and I saw a garage sale.  I've realized over the past few years that it really only takes 1 garage sale to find a treasure...

And I did!  I found 18 onesies and outfits for a friend who's having a baby girl soon.  Best of all, they were the price I was looking for--25 cents each.  Yay! I also found a little pair of shoes for 50 cents.  Then, I came upon an older magna doodle for another friend for 25 cents. Yay!

Garage sales are a fun place to find treasures, but sometimes the treasures aren't things.  And that was the case this morning for me.  

I heard a woman's voice across the yard and it was as if I was hearing the voice of my friend Jenny.  I looked up and realized that this was her daughter--someone I'd been trying to find, so we could connect.  Our children are the same ages.  I was so excited!  I was blessed at the yard sale because I found gifts to give friends and I found someone I wanted to become friends with.  

With all that from just one garage sale, we all piled back in the car and went on.  There was one more yard sale I knew of on the way home.  So, we stopped to take a look.  At the last minute, I found a tape dispenser.  The lady accepted 25 cents for it.  I remarked to the woman who sold it to me that the Lord has provided so much for my family through yard saling.  I went on to explain that I had been looking for one all week at the stores I went to and had only found one for $5.  That $5 was spent on the clothes for my friend and the magna doodle.  What a blessing!  

In my mind, I came out way ahead this morning!  


No comments:

Post a Comment