Friday, June 6, 2014

One window at a time...

This morning I woke up and opened up the windows in the living room, kitchen, and school room.  Then, I made my way back to my bedroom and opened up a window there as well.  It may seem like a little thing to open up a window, but we didn't realize that we couldn't open the windows when we bought this house 2 1/2 years ago.  They wouldn't open.  (Our home inspector somehow missed that.)

A year ago, I found the screens for the windows in the kitchen and figured out how to open them.  Then, last fall, we replaced the windows in our school room and then the bedroom windows this spring.  

Fresh air may seem like a little thing, but it isn't to me anymore.  I am thankful for it.  So thankful.  

But, I fear that sometime I may not be as thankful for the fresh air.  What I find is that when I can't have something or when it is missing, I appreciate it more when it returns...

...whether it is my health after being sick.

...or time with my kids after a very busy period.

...or pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving since I haven't eaten one since the celebration a year before.

...or the warmth of spring after the deep cold of winter.

I hope the Lord will always help me remember the blessing of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment