Monday, November 6, 2017

Christmas is coming...

November has arrived.  I'm not ready to play Christmas music in November or even really think about it much, but there is one part of Christmas that I start early--making a list of the gifts I plan on giving my family and friends. 

I have found over the years that the best Lego sales are during November, not December, and my kids all love Legos.  So, I plan on being on the lookout in the coming weeks...

This year, we're probably moving in December, so I feel the need to make sure I'm more on top of my planning than usual.  I don't even know where we'll be living when Christmas comes this year.  I know where one box of lights is in my garage and I plan on making decorations with construction paper with my kids no matter where we are.  I also plan on getting my family's gifts together and keeping them in a box together.  Thankfully, I do know where the wrapping paper is and it's not in storage! 

But, this year is going to be different for us.  We're not settled.  We don't know what to expect and I know extra flexibility and creativity is going to be required.  We do know that we'll be together and celebrating Christ's birth as a family.  And really, that's what's most important anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment