Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Email Scam

Email Scams are funny things...I get a lot of junk mail in my email.  I've had it since the internet began.  I have never responded to any of the scams.  I'm pretty guarded.  


A friend of mine got this email over a month ago and since she has genuinely gotten emails about daycare previously, she responded.  


Here's the email:



Hi,

My name is Greg Mason and my wife's name is Jenny Mason we are both busy parents, we are blessed with 2 Children 1 boy and 1 girl, the boy's name is James 7 years old and the girl's name is Mary 3years and six months old.

We are relocating to your city , I want our little Daughter to enroll in your day-care as soon as we arrive there on 5th of August. Let me know what time your day care opens in the morning and what time is the closing hour, how many days a week does your day care work?
and what is your price per hour?

NOTE: PLEASE I NEED YOUR AREA ZIP CODE TO BE SURE THAT YOUR DAY CARE CENTER IS NOT FAR FROM US.

Thanks
  
She did email back and forth a bit but things got fishy and that's when I went fishing on the internet.  I found forms of this email on two different websites:  http://www.dogwalker.com/possible-scam-email-being-sent-to-dog-walkers/  and https://daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?p=119538

My friend tried to be guarded about it.  I'm thankful that the internet helped me figure out that it was a scam.  

Be on your guard, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment