Thursday, February 9, 2012

A fun date suggestion: the Brandywine Valley

A few weeks ago, my husband and I headed up to the Brandywine Valley just outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  We went to the Brandywine River Museum (http://www.brandywinemuseum.org/) and saw some beautiful art.  A few years ago, we saw an exhibit of Marc Brown's art (of Arthur fame) and was amazed to see the artwork that went into making his books.  So, this museum was another treat.  N.C. Wyeth illustrated classics such as Treasure Island and the Last of the Mohicans.  It was a neat museum and I suspect the grounds are much more beautiful in the spring and summer.  From there we went to lunch at Mushrooms in Chadds Ford, PA.  (http://www.brandywineriverantiques.com/mushrooms.html)  I highly recommend getting a bowl (not a cup or you'll regret it) of the mushroom soup.  Bread costs extra and it's not listed on the menu, but you'll want it and it's worth it.  I kept wishing I had bread as I ate the delicious soup and didn't learn until later that you had to order it.  If you want a sandwich, the Roast Beef (the "Mikewich") was excellent on a cold day.  


So, just a thought.  If you're looking for a day trip date, we enjoyed this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment