Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Air Duct Cleaning

When we moved into our house back in December, one of the things I knew we'd need to do before we turned on the A/C was have the air ducts cleaned out.  I finally had that done yesterday.  I really liked the husband/wife team who came and cleaned them out.  I am very thankful to have this done and off my mind.  The lady who owned the house before us had cats for several years and I was certain it was bad.  It took about 2 hours to clean out the ducts.  


We live in Harford County, Maryland, and I wasn't sure who to call to clean them out, so I called our heating and a/c man (who does a great job!--Lighthouse Heating and Air).  He referred me to Mercerons Cleaning Service.  They came yesterday and did a great job.  I do recommend them if you need to have this done.  It took about 2 hours and the kids and I sat on the porch because the noise inside was loud at times.  They were very efficient and clean.  They did obviously clean out a lot and I am glad.  I hope that friends who visit our home will have less of an allergic reaction now when they visit!  (PS there is a coupon on their website that I wish I'd found before they came to do the job, so definitely go to the website!)  They also clean services and I have heard good things about this as well, but our carpet was well past the cleanable point because it's the pad underneath that I believe is the problem in our den.


Now, I just need to get the carpet replaced in the den and we'll be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment