Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yippee! Rubbing Alcohol!

A few weeks ago, my mother in law emailed me and asked if I knew what to do for an oil stain in clothing.  I didn't.  I had no idea.  I use Shout when I need to, but I haven't known what to do with oil stains.  So, I googled it.  

The answers I found were to use Baby Powder and let it sit on the stain to draw out the oil or to rub the stain with rubbing alcohol.  I emailed her the second answer.  She tried it and it worked.  

On Monday, I was cooking in one of my favorite t shirts when I got a big oil stain on it (from canola oil).  Bah!  After dinenr, I went to the bathroom and doused it in rubbing alcohol.  I rubbed it and then rinsed it out.  It looked okay, so I was hopeful.  I washed it yesterday and pulled it out of the dryer this morning.  

Yippee!  No oil stain!  Yay for rubbing alcohol!  My new laundry aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment