Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chocolate Cookie Bars

I have to admit that I much prefer chocolate chip cookies to chocolate chip cookie bars.  But, BUT, I made these tonight and they were super yummy.  

You can find the basic recipe HERE.  Of course I made some alterations to it though...

My alterations:

1) I used a 9 x 13 pan that I greased on the bottom.  I took them out at 28 minutes.  You might need 2 or 3 more minutes though.  My oven isn't a convection, but it tends to cook things a tad faster than the oven at our old house.

2) I substituted oatmeal for the pecans (cheaper alternative).

3) I didn't add the vanilla this blogger added, but I think I might try it next time.

I got lots of compliments on them and everyone asked for the recipe, so I'd definitely say these are worth making again!  The recipe comes from King Arthur's Cookie Companion, which I love.  If you're looking for 1 all inclusive cookie book, I'd definitely look at this one :)  Everything I've made from it has been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment