Friday, March 15, 2013

Upholstery Stain

We've had our couches for ten years.  They're in pretty good shape all things considered.  But, one of them has had a stain on the right seat cushion.  It's not super noticeable--but I knew it was there.  I think it's always made my husband wonder how long they would last.  Today was our cleaning day.  Every Friday, I pull out my checklist and the kids' lists for cleaning.  I glanced at that spot when I was in the living room and wondered why I hadn't tried rubbing alcohol yet.  So, I went to the bathroom to get it out.  I grabbed a rag, squirted the liquid on the couch and began rubbing.  I was shocked to turn over the rag and see that it really had picked the dirt up off of the couch.  

I came back a little while later to check on it.  It looks great!  Yippee!  It reminded me that there are a lot of ways to save money.  One of the big ones is just making something last longer.  I'm hopeful our couch will now last a lot longer and save us some money in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment