Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cracking Eggs Cleanly...

Yippee!!!!!  Yesterday, my kids and I dyed Easter Eggs along with another boy from church.  I do it every year in conjunction with stuffing the eggs for our church egg hunt.  Planning it this way makes it fun for the kids and for me and I know that I won't procrastinate dying eggs and miss it.  

My kids love hard boiled eggs.  But, in recent years, they have been a thorn in my side.  Every time I tried to peel one, the peel would stick.  I could never get a cleanly peeled egg.  Until today!!  My mom is always looking for fun tips on how to cook eggs.  She's the one who told me how to cook them:

Place eggs in cold water in pan.  Bring to a boil.  Place lid on pan.  Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes.  Then, drain and eat.  

Less energy used to cook and this method works well--for the cooking.

But, my mom found a new tip for the cracking this week and this is it:

Gently crack your egg(s) all over.  Then, place them in a bowl of water for a few minutes.  Don't try and leave them there for just 30 seconds.  They'll still stick.  But, 2-3 minutes will do the trick.  Pull out the eggs one by one and peel!  

I was so amazed and pleased that this worked.  Deviled eggs with smooth surfaces!  Yippee!!!

It's the little things that can make one smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment