Monday, December 26, 2016

Saving my husband's wool coat...

On Christmas Eve, someone accidentally dripped candle wax all down the side of my husband's wool coat.  We realized it as we walked out of our church's candlelight service.  When we got home, my husband looked up on the internet what could be done.  We found a solution!

So, early on Christmas morning while my family still slept, I took the coat into the kitchen.

First, I scratched off the excess wax with my fingernail.

Second, I flattened the sleeve out.  Online, it had said to put a paper towel inside the sleeve under the coat, but I didn't need that.

Third, I took a small piece of paper towel about 4" x 4" folded in half and found a serving spoon.

Fourth, I turned on the stove (we have a gas stove) and held the spoon over the flame with a pot holder on my hand.

Fifth, I placed the paper towel over the spot of wax on the sleeve that I wanted to remove and then rubbed the spoon over the paper towel.  The paper towel absorbed the wax!

Since there were so many lines of wax on the sleeve (10-15), it took a little bit of time, but not more than 15 minutes or so.  I had to reheat the spoon after about every 2 lines.  I had to be sure to move the placement of the paper towel so it would absorb the wax into a new spot on the towel.

I am amazed and so thankful that this trick worked so easily!  My husband was able to wear the coat that he loves to church yesterday morning and stay warm.

Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment