Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stoplight Salad Recipe

I talk about Simply In Season alot.  There is a weekly newsletter that you can suscribe to and they will send you one recipe a week.  For some reason, most of the recipes they've sent are not the ones I'd first recommend to try.  But, this week, the recipe is for Stoplight Salad.  We really liked this salad.

The recipe is here:  http://www.worldcommunitycookbook.org/season/recipe.html

It's a great recipe to make and then serve with warm tortillas for a main dish.  We eat a lot of tortillas--it's one of the ways my roots in Southern California have never left me.  But, this is a great salad that's a cool salad for when you don't want to heat up the house.  Warm the tortillas on a cast iron pan on the stove or between a few paper towels in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Put 3 tortillas in the micro at a time probably.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to make that salad for a couple weeks. Maybe I'll finally get to it this week.

    ReplyDelete