Monday, September 19, 2011

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

One of our favorite salsas over the past 10 years has been the green salsa verde at Trader Joe's.  But, with the rising cost of groceries, it is also one of the treats that I've cut from my grocery list.


I found a recipe last week that is just as good--if not better--than that salsa.  Green Salsa Verde is either made with peppers or tomatillos.  Trader Joe's salsa is made with tomatillos, so that's what I wanted to use.  The recipe came from America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook.  But, I found this recipe online Here that is almost exactly the same.  The recipe I made did not have the cumin, though.  So, I'd try it the first time without the cumin and see how you like it.  Add the cumin the next time and see if you like it better or worse!  I will mention that I seeded the jalapenos and Did Not add the seeds back in to spice it up.  I'm a pretty mild salsa eater.  If you like it hot, add the seeds back in to taste when you're blending the salsa.  



No comments:

Post a Comment