Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moments When God Overwhelms Me...

As I sit here typing these words, the tears threaten to fall.  There are a few times in my life when I have felt the overwhelming love and grace of God.  I have seen it in his mercy for me and in blessings he has given me that i don't deserve.  


Today I realize both His mercy and Grace.  Just this morning I posted about our house hunting journey that we are on.  I posted about the offer we'd made that I was almost sure would not be accepted.  I wrote about the woman who owns the house we love.  I mentioned how busy and stressful the past few weeks have been for us.  Well, it's going to get a little busier for a few weeks.


This morning we went to church and then had made plans to take her the check for the piano we are purchasing from her.  So, we arrived at her house.  I thought I'd check our voicemail at home to see if our realtor had left a message.  But, as I dialed, I realized the message would be on our answering machine--which I couldn't access! So, I got the kids out of the car, along with my mom, and we rang the door bell.


The woman opened her door and was glad to see us.  I came in with the kids and she looked at my mom.  She asked if we knew and she whispered back, "No."  Then she looked at me and said, "You got the house."  I gave her a big hug, with tears in my eyes.


She told me she couldn't sell it to anyone else.  When I came to see the house, she knew that I loved my husband because I discounted the house because it had no garage--no place for my husband's motorcycles.  When my husband came on Friday, she saw that my husband loved me enough to choose a house that didn't have a place yet for his motorcycles.  I will always remember that she saw this.


There was another thing that struck me this morning.  This house is not exactly what I thought I was looking for--and I have to admit my husband wasn't either when we met.  All the wishes were there, but the package looked different.  This house reminds me of my marriage and how God has worked in my life more than once.  What He wants is best--it's better than what we could wish for ourselves.  


We're going to hopefully close in a little over a month and have a new home.  My mom is excited.  And we have a new family friend.  And I am overwhelmed by God's grace and mercy.  We should be in our new home before Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Oh,Suzanne! My heart is bursting with happiness for you and your family. Praise the Lord! Please let me know if you need help with anything in the next couple months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend :) We are excited--nervous, anxious, taking one step at a time. I wish it was all done now, but I know we have to take it step by step ;)

    ReplyDelete