Monday, October 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms

I am 37 years old and last year was the first time I remember a friend giving me a cookie plate at Christmas time.  I think we even got two from two different friends--with the same name :)  It was such a treat!  I love to bake, one of the gals made some peanut butter blossoms that were so much better than mine!  I tasted one and I thought, "Mine aren't as good as these!  I need to find a better recipe!"  So, I set out to find one...


I did find one.  It was in my King Arthur's Cookie Companion Cookbook.  I love to make cookies--and eat them, of course.  I wanted a big cookie cookbook for a long time and found this one at a used book sale.  I've had really good luck with the cookies I've made from it.  


I searched online for a recipe identical to the one I made and found one HERE.  Of course, I don't use Reese's Peanut Butter in mind.  I use Simply Jif--the kind without hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil.  I also use butter instead of shortening.  I use the exact same amount.  Some substitution books will say that there's a slight difference in how much shortening to replace with butter.  I found with recipe that I simply substituted the 1/2 cup shortening with 1/2 cup butter.


They're really yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you didn't know I was committing to a new weight loss plan today. It doesn't include cookies ::sigh:: I suppose I'll live, but thinking about sharing cookies with friends and smiling Suzannes has made me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete