Thursday, February 25, 2016

Beware of Return Shipping

Buyer beware.  Isn't that what we're supposed to remember?!  I appreciate that Amazon is so easy to work with when it comes to returns.  But, when it comes to third party sellers who offer free shipping, I'm discovering that it is a different matter.

My girls are in a gym class and I wanted to get them some biketards--leotards with legs for class.  I went online and found one that I liked the look of.  The picture and the leotards we received were slightly different.  The arm holes didn't fit securely, but stretched lower, showing their bras.  There was no picture of the backs of the leotards, so I assumed, it would be modest like the front.  Nope!  They were very low (mid-back) so that their bras completely showed (not just a little).  I was so disappointed.

But, that was where the disappointment began.  I discovered that in order to return them, I had to pay the return shipping--$8.  Then, when the credit finally showed up, a $6 restocking fee was deducted though nothing was wrong with the leotards.  Basically, when all is said and done, I had to pay for a leotard that I returned and can't use.  I contacted the seller and they informed me about the restocking fee.

Okay.  That's my mistake.  But, their mistake was not showing a picture of the back of the leotard.

In the future, I'm going to try and stay away from "free shipping" sellers on Amazon, unless I'm absolutely certain I'm not going to have to return the product!

Just to let you know, the seller was Miss Belly Dance--in case you ever consider purchasing from them on Amazon.  Purchasing is fine--as long as you do not think there is a chance you will need to return your item.  Then, financially I've learned it isn't a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment