Thursday, October 8, 2009

The end of the season

This Saturday is the last of this season of Garage Saling for me. It's bittersweet. I love going, but I love the break, too. The winter and early spring give me a break, so that when I go in late spring, I will be excited and look forward to it. It's just like chocolate--when I have it every day, I don't appreciate it or savor it nearly as much as if I have it once in a while =)

Nothing is jumping to my mind to share on this blog this morning. Except to share one struggle that I have. My children need new sheets. So, my mom was going to give them fun sheets for their birthdays and Eli for Christmas. I was thinking Character sheets. But, as I was looking at them, it's hard for me to justify spending the extra money on them--especially with the economy the way it is. Would they enjoy them? Yes, but would it be wiser to get just good quality sheets? Usually, if it's not a special occasion, I go with the wiser choice. For their birthdays and Christmas, I try to allow myself to really find something my kids will just love. I think I may end up in a compromise on this one. I saw some really fun patterned sheets online that are somewhere inbetween on price. I'm going to talk to my mom and see what she thinks--she's the most frugal person I know and really it's up to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment