Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not all Sponges are the Same!

I never knew this until recently. Usually when I have the choice between a generic and brand name, I choose the generic unless I have a coupon or the brand name is on sale. There are a few things over the years that I have come to prefer the brand name over generic for...

1) chocolate chips
2) cereal
3) deodorant and soap for my husband (there isn't a generic of what he uses)
4) hot sauce
5) ketchup/mayo

And now I have a new one to add to my list...
6) Kitchen Sponges =)

I have been buying the generic sponges at Aldi's (foam with green scrubby on them) for almost 4 years. Before we moved here, I used to have a lot of coupons for sponges and we didn't have Aldi's, so I bought Chore Boy sponges or Scotch Brite. The sponges haven't lasted very well and have done a competent job of cleaning, but not a great one. But, they were cheaper =) so I kept buying them not thinking it would be worth it to spend a little more.

I think I was wrong.

Costco had a coupon for ScotchBrite sponges this month and so I bought a big package of them (15 for $7, I think). I opened up the first one this week and it was such a blessing to me! It works! Really well! =) Although we have a dishwasher, I have to wash a lot of dishes by hand, so having a good sponge makes a big difference in the difficulty of my chores every day.

I don't think I want to go back to the Aldi sponges again...

No comments:

Post a Comment