Thursday, January 13, 2011

PC Care Scam

Beware!  My mom called me yesterday afternoon to ask me what she should do about a phone call she had just received.  I'm so thankful she called me!

A lady from a company called PC Care called and told her computer was in trouble.  She needed her to get on her computer and follow her directions so they could help her fix it.  The lady even gave a name, Tracy Brown.
My mom said she wasn't able to do that so she would need to take down her name and number and call her back later.  Then she called me.

I looked it up on the internet.  There is a PC Care program out there, but there are also multiple reports of scam phone calls in which a caller asks the person on the other line to get on their computer and give them access to it to help them "fix" it.  Hmmm...  I also came across several reports that lawsuits have been filed against companies and people involved in such scams.  

I just wanted to share this story so you can let you parents know if they are computer users to beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment