Monday, January 10, 2011

Sloppy Joes

I looked on the internet to find a copy of the sloppy joe recipe I used last night and couldn't find an exact one, so here's what I did.


Sloppy Joes
1/2 onion, minced
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili powder
1- 8 oz. can tomato sauce (a small can)
1/4 cup ketchup
4 tsp. worcestsire sauce
1 tsp. brown sugar (I made it a heaping tsp.)
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste


Saute onion in canola oil for 5 min.  Add ground beef and garlic and saute until browned.  When cooked through, put a paper towel in the pan and push around with spatula to soak up grease.  You can do this as many times as you'd like to decrease the fat in the dish.  It's one of my tricks to cook healthier food for my family.  Add tomato sauce, ketchup and other ingredients.


Serve on English muffins with cheese or on hamburger buns.  Sadly, we didn't have any buns last night, but the English muffins toasted worked just fine.  


This is the first Sloppy Joe I've ever fixed for my husband that he will eat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment