Friday, April 23, 2010

Annie's Mac and Cheese Tip

This is a funny thing I do when I'm fixing Mac and Cheese...


Kraft Mac and Cheese always works the way the directions tell you to make it.  Put the noodles, sauce mix, butter, and milk all in the same bowl.  Then stir.  There's never clumps and it looks just right.  Hmm...  


Then, there's Annie's or Trader Joe's Mac and Cheese, or even Costco's Kirkland Mac and Cheese.  You put the noodles, sauce mix, butter, and milk all in the same bowl.  Then you stir.  BUT, there's always clumps.  At least there is for me if I do it that way.


Instead, this is what I came up with =)


Cook the noodles as directed.  Turn off the burner and pour them into a colander.  Place the pan back on the burner, but don't turn it on (saves energy).  Put the butter, milk, and sauce mix in the pan.  Use a whisk to stir it until there are no lumps.  It works really well =)  And NO LUMPS!  Yay!  If the butter doesn't melt as quick as you want it to, but the cheese is all dissolved, just add the noodles back in --the warmth from them will melt the rest of the butter as you stir everything.


Anyways, I hope that's not too silly of a thing to post, but it's helped me a lot--I don't get frustrated with our Mac and Cheese anymore =)

No comments:

Post a Comment