Thursday, April 8, 2010

Food to look forward to...

So, I made two recipes last night from Dishing Up Maryland. I made a pear, pecan, and chicken salad and the apple bread.

I'm notorious for substituting ingredients. So, I ran out of pecans and didn't have goat cheese for the salad. I substituted pine nuts and sharp white cheddar. Still a very good salad. I'm sure it will be even better next time when I use goat cheese and pecans (which I bought today).

The apple bread on the other hand, I made just as the recipe said. I didn't have to peel the apples, only chop them. That made it very easy. I was afraid that I had put too much flour in, but I trusted the recipe which said the batter would be extremely thick. It was very good and very, very yummy! I couldn't wait for breakfast this morning. I know it was not lowfat in the slightest, but it was definitely worth the treat =)

I'll post more as I try more recipes. But, based on the two I've tried so far, I'd definitely recommend Dishing Up Maryland by Lucie Snodgrass!

FYI, she will be speaking at the Abingdon branch of the Harford County Public Library next Wednesday at 7 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment