Thursday, April 1, 2010

Colored Frosting

I read this great tip in Better Homes and Gardens this month and I wanted to share it. I haven't had a chance to try it, but I'm sure it will work great. Anyways, here's the tip I read about:

To color frosting, add a little jam instead of food coloring.

Simple and healthy =)

Well, healthier than the strange things that food coloring is made of =)

Update... 4/3/10
So, I tried this trick. I added 2 Tbsp. boysenberry jam (just fruit and sugar) to my recipe. It didn't color it enough though. I could just taste a hint of it. I suspect there are jams that work better than others. I put in 2 drops of food coloring with the frosting to finish it off.

I am going to try it again, though, the next time I have a jam open that is red in color.

I wonder if it made a difference that I used healthy jam! =) Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment